Sunday, April 25

The latest book where my eyes trod upon is Rk Narayan's 'My Dateless Diary'

A loosely knit, ambivalent jotting of his travails/travels across The United States Of America ( New York City, through the Mid-West, the Grand Canyon, to Los Angeles and back.)

Have a few more pages to go, but my surmise on the book is that despite his tour of the USA, Narayan focuses mostly on India or Indians (including himself). Would our diary, in a similar situation, too mirror his dateless diary? Guess either some one has to tell me or I should take a journey across continents, diligently write a diary and then compare.

Another point of note, Why did i read, leave alone buy the book? Was it because of RK Narayan? Would my buying pattern have been the same had it been Narayanan Somasundaram!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home