Wednesday, December 7

The last 8 days

1) I woke up at 4:30 a.m twice (a record of sorts) and actually saw sunrise

2) Was punctual for once in setting out in my journey

3) Finally drove up the steep ghat roads. A first for me and my car (Thankfully my car didn't fiddle and i didn't meddle with the hair pins)

4) Went visiting lawrence Lovedale and understood how school's started by the army would look --imposing from outside, dark and eerie inside. Realised how Napolean Bonoparte would have felt when his father ushered him into the army school

5) Was enticed by the brooks song and ended up trundling in knee deep pile of (not shit, thank heavens) marsh

6) After that ended up washing my sneakers in water that must have passed all the higher peaks and was making the marsh marshier

7) Gulped tea and horlicks as if there was no tomorrow

8) Didn't go for late night walks in the biting cold -- was playing good ______

9) Drove home on my favourite highway and yet took longer than i generally used to. Am growing old.

10) But hogged as usual at home, pushing out my belt buckle by another hole

11) Jeffry (Read Labarador) took me out for walks thrice ( a record again, keep it up jeff)

12) Didn't yell or 'snap' during the 8 days ( what meditation or all the temper control tricks couldn't do. Should holiday more often i guess. I wish i could afford to)

13) Flew twice on the same day

14) Was conned big time by a goon at the airport

15) Traded in stocks and lost in a leap frogging market.

4 Comments:

Blogger thorswheels said...

I didnt know there was a nature-loving, walking-in-marshes side to the cut-and-dry snapper I know. Great how people reveal their parts in bits and pieces.

One question: When are we going to to Ooty? Let's ask Tridib also.

Thu Dec 08, 03:59:00 AM PST  
Blogger ghetufool said...

16. finished reading your post.

Fri Dec 09, 11:55:00 AM PST  
Blogger Gypsy said...

u walk?! u like to walk?! u liked trudging thru marshes? eerrr n washing ur sneakers?!
discoveries discoveries...and glad to know you now ;-)

Mon Dec 12, 09:58:00 AM PST  
Blogger Tridib said...

So, you dig Horlicks, do you? You remind me of the Phantom... walking into a bar and asking for a glass of milk! You seem to be the antithesis of what journalists are percieved to be... beer-guzzling, chain-smoking busibodies! What's more, you are a health freak too! A good role model for all wannabe journos!

Tue Dec 13, 04:41:00 AM PST  

Post a Comment

<< Home